Welcome to the Second Annual Ride for a Friend. The Independent Motorcycle Corporation is organizing this Charity Poker Run on August 16th, 2014. We intend to make the Ride for a Friend Annual Charity Poker Run the premier Poker Run event in Northern Ontario.
This is a game, not a race, played out on the highways of Northeastern Ontario to raise money for local charity. This year’s recipient is young Sudbury resident, four year old Tyler Leduc.
The event will begin with registrations taking place at any of our five check points. Then you’re off to enjoy a scenic ride through the French River and West Nipissing areas along beautiful HWY 64. The run will conclude at the Beausejour Inn & Restaurant where participants will be entertained with live music.
All makes and models of motorcycles and classic cars and cruisers are welcome to participate. Money will be raised for Tyler and his family through registration fees and pledges collected by participants.
1. French River Rest Stop @ French River Hwy 69 crossing.
2. Beausejour Inn & Restaurant @ 1527 Hwy 64, Alban
3. Lake Nipissing Narrows @ North of Monetville Hwy 64
4. The Lavigne Tavern, @ Lavigne on Hwy 64
5. Jean Guy Rubber Boots Tavern @ 201 Main Street, Sturgeon Falls
*Final destination and hand submission point is Beausejour in Alban.
1. Riders can register and begin their run at any of the 5 check points.
2. Run starts at 11am.
3. $20 per hand. Riders may purchase multiple hands.
4. Poker Run Play Card must be submitted by 3pm at the Beausejour.
Poker Run Format:
1. You’ll draw a card at each of the check points
2. Hands will be determined by the ‘Poker Run Score Card’ which you’ll receive at your first check point
3. You may purchase additional cards when submitting your Score Card. A maximum of 2 additional cards may be purchased @ $5 each. Prior to drawing your card you’ll have to forfeit one card from your existing hand.
More chances to win:
1. We’ll be holding a 50/50 draw
2. Door prizes. Keep your ticket stubs!
Tickets will be available in about a week and can be obtained by contacting us.
Once again IMC would like to extend our gratitude to everyone who participated and contributed to our first Annual HWY 64 Ride for a Friend Charity Poker Run!! IMC had a small gathering last night in order to present a cheque in the amount of $10,000.00 to Cole Guimond and his family.
This year was a great success!! We hope you'll all join again next year. IMC has been working with a local organization to identify next year's recipient of the RFAF proceeds and we'll make an announcement in the near future.